The project aims to identify and redress Gender Based Violence cases in refugee and host populations through community-based mechanisms with women and girls as the main targeted beneficiaries, the project activities will benefit refugee families and host communities at large. The project will ensure that the assistance is targeted to the GBV survivors considering gender equality and social/disability inclusion in leaving no one behind (LNOB), with provision of lifesaving livelihood support. The project design will ensure that marginalized groups are accessed by specifically reaching out to them in community outreach activities, such as adolescent girls, women from minorities and transgender.
- To address immediate life-saving needs of GBV survivors in refugee and host populations in COVID 19-affected areas and provide livelihood support to help them rebuild their lives through identification, referral, and redressal mechanisms using community-based approaches.
- To establish Gender-responsive community outreach groups formed and orientated for GBV identification and referral, consisting of women human rights defenders, teachers, and community leaders.
- Gender-responsive community outreach groups formed and orientated for GBV identification and referral, consisting of women human rights defenders, teachers, and community leaders.
- Formation of 30 community groups including identification of human rights defenders and community leaders to be enlisted
- Awareness-raising sessions (20), FGDs (30), and GBV (25) counseling sessions with refugees and host population
- Provision of dignity kits provided to women and girls.
- Activation and augmentation of GBV Helplines
- Improving accessibility and services for responding to GBV survivors during the emergency.
- Support to the Women’s Police Reporting Center (WRC) to facilitate GBV survivors through timely referrals and linking them to other GBV services
- Provision of 80 Economic Kits to GBV survivors to set up small businesses
- Support women businesses by the provision of information on services available for grants and loans to set up for micro-businesses