Programme for Poverty Reduction (PPR) Phase II
The Programme for Poverty Reduction (PPR) is an integrated and holistic project launched by Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) with the ultimate goal of serving humanity. PPAF has joined hands with Government of Italy to transform the lives of poor and marginalized communities in Pakistan’s provinces i.e. Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
Government of Italy has invested for this program through the Directorate General for Development Cooperation (DGDC) and supervised by the World Bank, to ensure its effective implementation.
Balochistan Rural Support Programme (BRSP) is an implementing partner of PPAF in four Union Councils of three districts in Balochistan, which are Pishin, Zhob and killa Abdullah. PPR Phase II was initiated from July 2015 and ended in June 2015.
The objective of the Programme for Poverty Reduction (PPR) is to establish a social and productive infrastructure system and also to establish effective and sustainable social safety nets. Its goal is to reduce poverty through creation of sustainable conditions of social and economic development that includes increase in income as well as production capacity.
The programme scope includes Social Mobilization, Livelihood Enhancement & Protection, Construction and improvement of small scale community infrastructure and Establishment of basic Health & Educational services.
1. Social Mobilization:
Social mobilization activities are designed to empower local population. It includes establishment, support and strengthening of grassroots community based organizations and facilitation of their grouping at higher levels such as villages and departments along with fortification of their ability to communicate with the provincial and central governments.
2. Livelihood enhancement and protection:
These activities are formulated for protection of the weakest sectors of the population through the creation of social safety nets which are capable of responding to the most immediate basic needs.
3. Construction and improvement of small scale community infrastructures
These activities involve construction and improvement of small scale community infrastructures such as irrigation systems, aqueducts, wells, power lines, etc.
4. Establishment of basic health and educational services
Under these activities, basic health and educational services will be established, including formation of primary schools and basic health units.
Overall progress under Livelihood Enhancement & Protection during the project duration were;
- Developed livelihood investment plans of 200 beneficiaries.
- Developed 4 sector specific CRPs around Agriculture (basic agi techniques, grafting & pruning, cutting, spray etc)
- 4 beneficiaries were provided on Basic livestock management skills, AI, vaccination etc).
- 200 ultra & vulnerable capacitated on Enterprise Development (business plan, financial, life skill).
- 40 beneficiaries were trained on Establishment of CIGs/Production Centers.
- 16 members are trained on CLF (Management, CART, Financial Management, MIS, Book Keeping.
- Agriculture Related trainings (vegetable dry, fruit reservation, & fodder) are provided to 75 beneficiaries.
- Livestock Related trainings (management, wool sharing, milk and its bi products) are provided to 106 beneficiaries.
- 20 Youths are provided Technical and Vocational Trainings as per their needs.
- 200 ultra & vulnerable were provided productive assets.
- 6 beneficiaries capacitated on Market linkages with public-private sectors and Exposure.
- Event Gallery